Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Fall


I love autumn. I love the colors of the changing leaves and sky. I love the smell of falling leaves and moist loamy soil squooshing under my boots. I love the sounds of squirrels scampering to grab their last acorns. I love the way that fall indicates the ending of summer, but at the same time, the falling leaves are laying the ground work for a new year and a new rebirth of life in the spring. I love the cyclic symbolism.

There aren't many places where fall is more beautiful or forceful than on the east coast of the US. Before thanksgiving I went backpacking with David near Roanoake, VA. He snapped this pic which I think does an admirable job of capturing the beauty of that fall day in the mountains. It is almost like you are there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home