Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Skeeters

One thing we learned in King's Canyon, which I think is safe to say at this point, is that you can drink the water without filtering. When we started on the trip, we ALWAYS filtered water because we were paranoid about getting sick. But the problem is that where there is water, there are mosquitoes, and let me tell you I have seen some mosquitoes in my day, but I've NEVER seen bugs like there were in the alpine highlands of King's Canyon. It was out of control. It was enough to literally drive you crazy. I would get in my sleeping bag at night and still be reflexively swatting bugs even though there were not any. I dreamed (nightmared...) about bugs. We would look forward to getting in the tent at the end of the day so that we could play 'operation hide from bugs'. It was nutty. So beware. If you go in the high sierrra, be sure to take a bug net!



Do you have any idea what it feels like to be bitten by 1,723 bugs at the same time? It ITCHES!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home