Friday, August 08, 2008

First Impressions

Yesterday was my first day of medical school.

It was a new experience. As I found my way from the light rail stop to the student center in my shiny shoes and suit, I thought to myself...'this is going to be something interesting. I'm going from a career where my job title contains the word 'senior' to just another wetback.' And it's true. It's kind of fun in a weird way to get tossed back into the mix with a bunch of recent college grads. Contrary to what you might think I am NOT the oldest person in the class, but there are few who are my senior. I guess I could keep that 'senior' in my title then...

The director of admissions came up to me and told me I would be a 'father figure' for my anatomy group. Awesome. It's a role I will do my best to play with some distinction.

The first several days are very orientation-y. We do have some clinic visits today which should be fun. But otherwise it's administrative minutiae. How to pay your bills, how to use your computer, etc. Nevertheless, exciting! It is a huge transition!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home